Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen/ia64 presentation

To: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen/ia64 presentation
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:34:17 -0500
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:36:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
> As you may have noticed, Xen/ia64 completely ignores
> all of the execution context structs because (as
> described in the base for this thread), ia64 can't
> represent its state that way.

To remove common users of xen_regs/execution_context_t (i.e.
drivers/char/*.c) I think we should be able to just pass 'current' to
show_registers().

To remove full_execution_context_t, we'll need to change the
arch_getdomaininfo_ctxt() interface a little bit (to do the copy
itself), then add a arch hook for do_boot_vcpu() and set_info_guest().
Right?

Sounds like that would help clean up ia64 code a bit, so let's do it. :)

Even after that's done though, I see value in having core structures
like these named identically across architectures. I understand now that
some of those won't matter to you... but at least
exec_domain/arch_exec_domain still should, and we're also talking about
those names.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center