[Xen-devel] trouble with xend in xen-unstable

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] trouble with xend in xen-unstable
From: aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 05:54:18 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:54:12 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello,

I have been trying xen-unstable today. I got the source code from home
page, compile, install and reboot to xen. I found one problem: xend
cannot start. The problem is pretty similar to what I faced few days
ago (see the report in xen-user mailing list:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/112)

But this time the situation is even worse: xend doesnt report anything
at all. It just silently failed. In contrast with the previous
reported trouble, this time xend-debug.log has nothing concerning the
problem, so users will have absolutely no clue about how to fix it.

Fortunately I got some experiences, so I made
/var/lib/xen/xend-db/{domain,vnet} myself. Then xend can start.

Just want to share this experience and hopefully the developers can
fix this nasty bug (which might relate to python 2.4)

Best regards,
aq