Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 reboots (reproducably) when installing rpms in domU

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 reboots (reproducably) when installing rpms in domU
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:03:48 +0100
Cc: Marcus Hardt <marcus.hardt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:04:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm using 2.6.10-xen0 on debian with 2.4.29-xenU and scientific linux. When
> installing a large RPM on the sci-linux, the dom0 reboots reproducably. No
> log info found in /var/log/[syslog|dmesg|messages].

Can you get a serial line attached to this machine?

Failing that, can you try doing all this whilst logged into dom0's text
console - we might see some sort of panic message come out there (if X is
running in dom0, it'll hide the panic message).

Also, what release of Xen is this?  2.0.5?  2.0-testing?  How did you install
it (self build, vs RPMs).

> My guest filesystem in inside a file which is nfsmounted.
>
> Is it stupid to use 2.4 on 2.6?

Not at all.  It should work just fine.

Cheers,
Mark