RE: [Xen-devel] RFC/Patch: Support for other bootloaders

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 15:52 +0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> [*] would it possible to do something whereby the vmlinuz and initrd
> image were simply cat'ed together? This might swing the balance the
> other way from a userbility POV, not sure.

If you're using an initramfs instead of an initrd, you can just cat the
initramfs to the end of the kernel image.

It's still ugly from a user's perspective, but since this isn't the
default (the default case is you're booting with grub and you can take
advantage of multiboot), it's probably not too bad.

Jeremy