Re: [Xen-devel] domain state blocked?

Shouldn't it be in running state? What is the meaning of a "blocked" state?

"Blocked" means it's waiting for an event (timer, device interrupt, etc.) and so it has yielded the processor until that occurs.

"Running" means that the domain is being executed on the CPU *right now* - you'll never see more than one domain in the "running" state on the same CPU.

Since dom0 must be executing on the CPU when the "xm list" command is issued - this necessarily implies you'll never see anything other than Dom 0 in the running state if you have a uniprocessor machine.

Nothing to worry about.

When I try "xencons localhost 9605", it is not able to connect to the
console. Is it because the domain is in blocked state? Or is there
anything else that is wrong with the set up?

Do you have the domain console open somewhere else (e.g. due to an "xm create -c", for instance)? Right now, domains only have one console (multi-console is, I think, under development). For multiple logins, you'll need to run an sshd in the domain.

HTH,
Mark

(Pardon me if this has already come up in the list. I searched through
the archives, but did not find anything).

Thanks much,
-Hari