Re: [Xen-devel] Interrupt forwarding

On 13 Mar 2005, at 15:56, Jon Smirl wrote:

It is a Dell Poweredge 400SC server.  I don't like how the net and
SATA drives are on the same IRQ.

I am running the latest linus bk kernel. The IRQ numbering system in
the kernel has been changed. The board is just a standard APIC without
MSI. No PCI Express.

Xen is planned for desktops too, right? Interrupts are shared all of
the time on desktop systems. It is not safe to assume you can get an
exclusive one.

But Xen does support shared IRQs. They're not as good as a separate IRQ per device from an isolation pov, but would you really expect otherwise?

 -- Keir