RE: [Xen-devel] Bridged networking broken ? (was: Xen works fine)

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Bridged networking broken ? (was: Xen works fine)
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:23:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:25:44 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Goetz Bock [bock@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I just wanted to provie some more positive feedback. My two Xen
> instalations just work fine. No problem, except for the known
> (e.g. the broken bridge setup). I'm running Xen 2.0.4 on Debian Sarge
using the
> xen package provided by Adam Heath, with my own 2.6.10 based
> kernel(s).

I have just started testing Xen for real and I have trouble getting
network connectivity in my VMs. Even though ifconfig reports that
xen-br0 is up in domain 0, my VMs hang trying to obtain a DHCP address.
Is that a known issue with bridged networking - did not find anything
mentioning it in the FAQ ? Would installing the package by Adam Heath
solve this ?

Running on Debian Sarge - using Xen 2.0.4 binary install. Naively just
trying to configure the VMs network by

  dhcp = "dhcp"

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark