Re: [Xen-devel] Xen hosting provider

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen hosting provider
From: Anton Titov <a.titov@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:51:54 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:53:36 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

while we're at this subject, I tell you, that we're happily selling Xen VPSes too for something like month and a half now. We're selling them only in Bulgaria, so for now I have only 4 VPS clients, which is OK, as our primary business is shared hosting, but VPS clients seems to be happy at least they should be, we had no network or server downtime for this time ;) Just wanted to tell you that everything works for me and is very stable, having in mind that in addition to the clients, I have 2 more VPSes for internal use and one of them hosts quite loaded web-based strategy game, which generates ~1million quite complex dynamic (php/mysql, mysql is executing 800queries/sec on average, many more in peak hours) pages. I'm using xen 2.0.4 and for now do not have any plans to upgrade when xen 2.0.5 is out.

Sorry for taking your time but as I read this maillist, I read only about problems, just wanted to tell you, that there are people who do not have any and are very happy with xen (after trying UML with it's terrible performance).

Regards,
Anton Titov

Matt Ayres wrote:

Hi,
TekTonic has started up a provider hosting virtual machines based off of Xen as a service on www.unixshell.com <http://www.unixshell.com>. I'm just mentioning this as a heads up, not meant to advertise :) So far all the users are loving it and except for some minor issues related to Xen everything has performed very well and has been stable. Good job guys! Thanks,
Matt
(And yes, I did try contacting XenSource regarding giving some money back in the form of a support contract but didn't get a response. *sigh* .. at least I tried).