RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Floating Point Exception when compiling w/ gcc

To: "Robin Green" <greenrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Floating Point Exception when compiling w/ gcc
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:37:28 -0000
Cc: <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:38:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I just tried xen-unstable from 20050302 (I was waiting for it to be
> packaged in the fedora development repo), and it's much
> better - thanks!

Please could you try out 2.0-testing.bk and report back. If it works for
you, I'll declare it 2.0.5.

We never actually managed to produce a testcase, so we're not sure the
FP issue you observed is actually fixed.

> However, there is still a less frequent problem with ptrace
> (which also
> occurred even when I'd applied my workaround patch). When running
> firefox under gdb only, display corruption and odd crashes in
> floating-point code are seen - which are the same symptoms as
> I had before.
>
> So I assume that something is still wrong with the floating-point
> save/restore in the case where a process is being ptraced.

Hmmm. Please can you try producing a simple set of instructions that
exhibits the bug reliably.

Thanks,
Ian