Re: [Xen-devel] Xen "restarting system" on Fedora FC4

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 02:51:35PM -0500, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > If I need to ditch fedora rpms and move to building directly from src
> > before posting here, please let me know and I'll do so (apologies in
> > advance if this is the case).
>
> Using the Fedora RPMs is fine - they're very close to Xen
> upstream and I'll do my best to support them.

Thanks.

> I have not seen this happen on my systems.  What hardware
> are you using?  How much memory?

It's a homegrown (of course :-) Intel mobo (forget what type).
P4 2.4ghz. 128MB of ram.

> > The non default aspects of my config are:
> > kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.1155_FC4xenU"
> > memory = 64
> > name = "dylan-dom1"
> > # hda2 is /   hda6 is swap
> > disk = [ 'phy:hda2,hda2,w' , 'phy:hda6,hda6,w' ]
> > root = "/dev/hda2 ro"
> > extra = "s"
> > restart = 'never'
>
> You're not sharing these with domain 0, are you ?

No.  Domain0 has root on /dev/hda1 and swap on /dev/hda5.
I read the docs pretty carefully and I figured for initial tryout
I was better off staying away from trying to share devices,

As for the initrd comment from Mark. The domU rpm from RH doesn't
provide one.  There is one provided by the dom0 rpm.   I'm sure I
can create one if necessary, I would have expected the RH rpm to do
it. Do you specify the initrd in the "ramdisk=" config option?

Thanks for the speedy replies.

Tony