RE: [Xen-devel] XEN CD --> USB stick

To: "Mark Williamson" <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] XEN CD --> USB stick
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:37:37 -0000
Cc: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Eivind" <gentoo.warrior@xxxxxxxxx>, <jared@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:46:46 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The Linux USB stack seems to work OK.  I never convinced
> myself that the
> default Linux HCD drivers really understood pseudophysical
> memory but it
> doesn't seem to have bitten me in practice *touch wood*

All the pseudophysical memory issues shoud be taken care of within the
Linux macros. It's only if the driver is buggy that its an issue.

Please could you checkin a patch that enables what you believe works.

> usbfront / usbback need more development to support all sorts
> of random
> devices, so although it's stable and functional for me right
> now I don't
> think this should be enabled by default.

OK, thanks, that's good to know.
Has usbfront/back been forwarded ported to work on 2.6 yet?
Is there stuff we could do to make it more stable, perhaps restricting
the set of devices it attempts to virtualize?

Thanks,
Ian