Re: [Xen-devel] Storage for library of domains

To: m h <sesquile@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Storage for library of domains
From: Jan Kundrát <jan.kundrat@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:05:52 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:07:34 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
m h wrote:
Ideally the library of domains would be available to more than one
machine running xen. So I could use LVM on the "library" machine. Anyone have suggestions on how to load the domain from the library
onto the xen machines?  Rsync?  (Does LVM have a way to do this?  A
quick read through the howto did not reveal that to me.)

Please, reply also to the list, not just to me :-).

LVM can (afaik) operate over any block device, so the setup you want is to have some blockdev in pristine state and others serving as a storage for domains. Some cluster management suite could help you, but I'm not sure if there's anything that supports block device sharing between computers...

-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth