Re: [Xen-devel] Big xend bug!

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 09:58 -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> LTP is going to put significant strain on the system it's being run on.
> It's quite likely that under these conditions Xend cannot cope.  This
> sort of testing is probably a bit wishful.  It would make sense to start
> with something a bit more fundamental like unit testing of the libxc
> interface.
It's odd since LTP can run fine on them if run individually. But once
you do them simultaneously everything goes to hell. I think testing like
this is need too, I just happened to be recreating another situation our
test team ran into.

> Xend marshalls it's internal state to disk.  I've not looked into it all
> that much but I've been able to recreate the "Xend totally hosed"
> problem.  It persists even after reinstalling Xend.
>
> I've got a funny feeling that there's a directory somewhere that if you
> just rm -rf Xend will start right up again.
Since all LTP test write to /tmp or there own directory I don't think
this is the case.

> Doing a proper reboot or shutdown requires co-operation from the
> management tools.  That's why you were seeing that problem.
Yeah, only "reboot -f" skipping the traditional shutdown process will
let the Dom0 shutdown. I figured that this would also require management
tool support, but this does not seem to be the case.
> Regards,
> Anthony Liguori

Jerone Young
Open Virtualization