Re: [Xen-devel] Crash

On 25 Feb 2005, at 00:24, visik7 wrote:

Ok At least I'm able to reproduce something
all the stuff are in
http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/bristuff-0.2.0-RC7f.tar.gz
this tgz contain a script that download zaptel drivers
and compile it against the running kernel
this is the problem:

Your compiled driver contains privileged instructions that guests are not allowed to execute. Either these are hardcoded within the driver or it has compiled itself against arch/i386 rather than arch/xen.

If you are running on xen-unstable then we can add CLI/STI to the instructions that we emulate and that may get the driver working. But we don't emulate instructions in 2.0-testing so if you are running the stable series you will have to dig into teh driver a bit and work out how to pull in the Xen definitions of cli() and sti().

 -- Keir