RE: [Xen-devel] Domain0 booting on LVM device

To: "Sam Howard" <Xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Domain0 booting on LVM device
From: "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:29:42 -0500
Cc: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:31:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have Domain 0 booting off an LVM volume. It works fine.
You most likely don't have an initrd image that has the Device Mapper
modules built into it. I don't have much experience with Debian but with
SLES9 the mk_initrd script does this for you as long as you have
compiled the dom0 kernel with the "Device Mapper support" as modules.
I also had to uncompress my initrd image using gunzip. As a result of
this I had to increase the size of the initial RAM disk (under Block
Devices) in the dom0 kernel.

Cheers,
Aravindh