[Xen-devel] A reorganization of Xen sources is necessary before integra

To: "Xen-Devel" <Xen-Devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] A reorganization of Xen sources is necessary before integrating Xen into Linux.
From: "Philippe Berthault" <Philippe.Berthault@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:14:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:15:13 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have searched assembly code in Xen sources (xen-unstable)
and I'm very surprised because the assembly code isn't located
in 'arch' directories.

I have found assembly code in the following directories:
  - extras/mini-os
  - linux-2.6.10-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/privcmd
  - tools/blktap
  - tools/ioemu/iodev
  - tools/libxc
  - tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xu
  - tools/x2d2
  - tools/xcs

All these assembly code seems to be specific to IA32.
So porting Xen to a new architecture (such as IA64) will be acrobatic !

Is there a plan to reorganize source code into a better and cleanest
architecture ?
I thinks this would be mandatory before integrating Xen into Linux.

PhB