[Xen-devel] VM-Tools 0.0.2

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] VM-Tools 0.0.2
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:20:40 -0600
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:21:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've posted an updated version of VM-Tools. This version doesn't have many user-visible changes but is almost a complete rewrite. VM-Tools is slowly become what it is intended to be, a small library that provides high level APIs for managing Xen with some example command line tools.

This version includes a first pass at a library abstraction, a simple (and incomplete) Python binding using Pyrex, buffered console support, a virtual device abstraction (that's designed to eventually support DSOs), and lots of bug fixes.

This version still has some issues and I wouldn't recommend using it for production use but it's been used by a few people without any sort of data corruption.

One of the things I'd really like to see is a standard higher-level library and virtual device layer that was used by all tools (vm-tools, Xend, etc.). What does everyone else think? Is the VM-Tools library too high level for use in something like Xend?

As usually, I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on the tools/library.

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/aliguori/vm-tools-0.0.2.tar.gz

Regards,
Anthony Liguori