Re: [Xen-devel] mapped memory delay?

To: Xin Zhao <zhaoxin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] mapped memory delay?
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:46:48 -0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 01:48:37 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xin Zhao wrote:
I ran into the following problem:

I setup a shared ring page and an event channel between two domains (dom0
and one domU), DomU increases req_prod by one and notify the dom0 via the
event channel, dom0 then check req_prod pointer and process the request in
the shared ring. But I noticed that sometimes dom0 get the irq triggered
by the notification event, but the req_prod remains the same. This
situation only happened occasionally.

hi,

I would like to do the same thing, right now I have shared mem between domU and dom0, but no good syncronization. Is there an example somewhere of how to do this in the new xcs world? It should be easier now that this code has been separated out, right?

thanks,
Jacob