Re: [Xen-devel] ATI Radeon 9600SE and intel-agp, again

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] ATI Radeon 9600SE and intel-agp, again
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:45:22 -0800
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:46:31 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt wrote:
I have seen some mention of a drm-patch earlier, but it is no longer in the tree. What happened to that / is it likely that I need to apply something similar to the r300 drm module?

The previous drm patch was for an inline wbinvd instruction, which we
now emulate in Xen.

This is something different. You'll have to figure out what the
remap_page_range is trying to remap...

OK, changing one call to remap_pfn_range to io_remap_range in the r300 drm_vm.c now allows me to start X without crashing. Unfortunately, AGP/DRI is still not working, but I will try and investigate this a bit more.

Jacob