Re: [Xen-devel] More driver domain issues - rebooting backend hangs

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] More driver domain issues - rebooting backend hangs
From: "B.G. Bruce" <bgb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:23:25 -0400
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:24:33 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 11:37, B.G. Bruce wrote:
> When rebooting the backend driver domain, if it has been utilized by a
> normal domU, it will close down properly and then hang (not reboot). I'm
> left rebooting the whole box.  Is this to be expected?  This even
> happens if the normal domU has been powered off.

I would still be really interested to know if anyone else using driver
domains experiences this.  If this is "normal/expected" behavior, I will
stop bug hunting and continue on with life.  If not, then I may
reconsider using driver domains at this time.

> Second issue.  About half the time that I reboot the driver domain (no
> connections from any outside domain), I'm left xm consoling to the
> domain to hit the enter key on a simple line of:
>
> echo "0" > /sys/bus/pci/slots:0000\:01:\01.1/power
>
> I'm using the fake pci hotplug module so that I can reboot the driver
> domain and still have the network card come back up after the reboot.
>
> Any ideas?
This one has been solved ... it was a hotplug issue.