RE: Building domains as a lesser user (was Re: [Xen-devel] boot loaders

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 02:30 +0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> One fairly simple option is to use Linux as a domU boot loader. Boot
> with an intrd, mount the specified filesystem, read off grub.conf, display a
> menu over
> the xencons, kexec the appropriate kernel.

Linux really seems like a very heavy hammer for something like this.
Even just thinking from a resource perspective, why boot up a whole
kernel to do nothing more than read an fs and mount another kernel.
Especially as you start thinking about things like modular fs's, etc,
it's going to be much less clean of a solution and be a significant
slowdown on your guest boot time.

And then, it's yet another kernel to keep updated, etc.

Jeremy