Re: [Xen-devel] [patch 5/5] xen: net features

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:00:32AM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> It's a shame that the backend mac address is the only way we can pass
> information into the hotplug scripts. Having the ability to set it seems
> sensible, though.

How about a sysfs attribute that we can push arbitary data into (up to
a set maximum length) from xend? or maybe a sysfs attribute folder, and
then pass key=value pairs as the data, each of which appears as an entry
in the sysfs folder. Then you just use the interface name (which we
obviously have in the hotplug script) to index into the sysfs tree.

If that sounds like something you might be interested in, i could put
together some code to do it?

> Perhaps we should update the vif-bridge script to use ebtables to
> enforce a domain's src mac addr?

Haven't used ebtables in a while, but if no-one else wants to i might
manage to get around to it. No guarantees on this one though.

Jody Belka
knew (at) pimb (dot) org