RE: [Xen-devel] [patch 4/5] xen: netback mac selection

To: "Jody Belka" <lists-xen@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [patch 4/5] xen: netback mac selection
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 00:08:38 -0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:10:53 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > OK, though I guess my preferred way of doing this would be to allow
> > arbitrary parameters to be passed from the config file into the vif
> > script e.g. foo=bar baz=bar2
>
> The vif script only runs in dom0 though, not in any other netback
> domains you might have set up :)  I'm actually thinking of stopping
> using the vif script even in dom0 now, and just using the standard
> network hotplug system instead.

I'd be interested to hear how you intend to hook into the hotplug
system.

Our intention was that it should be possible to have driver domains with
very small root filesystem -- just an initrd. We discussed a mechanism
whereby a shell script to run would be passed over a secondary console
connection and executed in the driver domain.

Ian