Re: [Xen-devel] AFS-based VBD backend

To: Steve Traugott <stevegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] AFS-based VBD backend
From: Andrew Warfield <andrew.warfield@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:59:53 +0000
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:01:23 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks Andrew!  I'm going to take a look at what's in unstable first,
> try to understand and play with it.  I'd expect that's going to take me
> through the holidays.

no worries at all... it's great to see a another potential use for the
tap  There is some user-space code to attach to it and a bit of
documentation around here somewhere.  I'll see if it works with what
is in unstable and try to forward a tarball along to you later this
afternoon.  All the driver on its own gives you is a character device
to map in the control rings and data pages... the userspace stuff lets
you add handlers for block requests.

a.