Re: [Xen-devel] Installation trouble on Dell Poweredge SC420

To: Paul Pianta <pantz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Installation trouble on Dell Poweredge SC420
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:52:44 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:54:29 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Here is the output of lspci for the scsi card that is in the machine ...
>
> ---snip---
> 04:02.0 RAID bus controller: Adaptec ASC-39320(B) U320 w/HostRAID (rev
> 10)
> 04:02.1 RAID bus controller: Adaptec ASC-39320(B) U320 w/HostRAID (rev
> 10)
> ---snip---
>
> The driver for this card is the aic79xx.o and I see that it is compiled
> into the Xen kernel.

Does the kernel report seeing any disks or partitions?

I think other people have used this driver successfully with Xen
before, but I'm not 100% sure. The other thing you could try
would be to add 'ignorebiostables' to the Xen command line, just
in case its an interrupt routing issue.

Ian