[Xen-devel] Error checking for networking issues in xend suggested

[Brian == brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx on Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:50:02 -0600]

  Brian> I believe it's the regex that is used in matching inet from
  Brian> the "ip addr" command.

Note: one gets the same behavior if the 'ip' command doesn't even
exist.  (ip is not present on a fresh Debian install)

I'm thinking that the code that handles this could use some additional
error checking and printed warnings when problems are detected.  Since
apparently a variety of weird configurations can break this part of
the code without any errors, it's likely to generate email questions
from newbies that could be prevented.

I'm not volunteering at this time is work on better error checking;
it's all working for me currently.

-- jared@xxxxxxxxxxx

"A pessimist is one who has been intimately acquainted with an optimist."
        -- Elbert Hubbard