Re: [Xen-devel] Xen and Adaptec (formerly DPT) SmartRAID V Controller (r

To: "Jan Kundrát" <jan.kundrat@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen and Adaptec (formerly DPT) SmartRAID V Controller (rev 01)
From: Brian Wolfe <brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:31:17 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:31:59 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, this creates the optimal CPU load. at any one time two fo the three
should always be compiling while the third is doing reads/writes to the
filesystem.

More than #cpu+1 and you end up with procs waiting for cpu time. Less
and yoiu leave CPU time idle.

On a UP machine doing j > 1 actually slows things down due to scheduling
conflicts.