[Xen-devel] Xen 2.0.1 debian packages at xen.terrabox.com

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen 2.0.1 debian packages at xen.terrabox.com
From: Nuutti Kotivuori <naked@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:04:07 +0200
Cache-post-path: aka.i.naked.iki.fi!unknown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cancel-lock: sha1:D5UVjLgKWjg/Dhh1W5YuRtINntg=
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:05:34 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've finally managed to create a Xen based kernel based on
kernel-patch-xen 2.0.1 from xen.terrabox.com. I used make-kpkg (not
xenlinux-builder) and configured grub manually. Works like a dream,
good work.

However, the other packages do not seem to be in too good of a
condition. For example, the libxc2.0 package contains:

,----
| /.
| /usr
| /usr/lib
| /usr/share
| /usr/share/doc
| /usr/share/doc/libxc2.0
| /usr/share/doc/libxc2.0/copyright
| /usr/share/doc/libxc2.0/changelog.Debian.gz
| /usr/lib/libxc.so
`----

Where /usr/lib/libxc.so looks like this:

,----
| lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 12 Nov 30 13:27 /usr/lib/libxc.so -> libxc.so.1.3
`----

E.g. a dangling symlink to a non-existant file.

Because of this, xend refuses to start:

,----
|     from xen.lowlevel import xu
| ImportError: libxc.so.1.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
| file or directory
`----

About the repository structure in general, the source part seems to be
haywire. There are no packages for 2.0.1, only the old 2.0 - it has a
Packages and Packages.gz file, neither of which should be there - and
it doesn't have a Sources.gz which should be there, if it is to be a
source directory for apt.

And just in case - Brian - I am not complaining at all about these
packages. I'm just pointing out stuff to fix when you get time for it.

Thumbs up,
-- Naked