[Xen-devel] Method of creating/populating NetBSD domain on Xen 2.0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Method of creating/populating NetBSD domain on Xen 2.0
From: "Kent S. Gordon" <kgor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:31:25 -0600
Cc: kgor@xxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:20:45 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What is the suggested method of creating a NetBSD domain?

What userland tools are needed?

Is the only code outside of the NetBSD source tree needed Twisted?

My thoughts on doing this were to
        1)  Install NetBSD-2.0 snapshot directly on dedicated partition.
        Copy in Xen kernel.

        2)  create filesystem images on an NetBSD/i386 machine and
dd image into a dedicated partion  (Has anyone tried this using LVM).
My worries are in getting the disk label information correct.

        3) Cross compile NetBSD userland on Xen/Linux machine.
Use cross-compiled disklabel/mkfs to create NetBSD filesystem.

Have the Xen NetBSD patches been merged back into the NetBSD tree?
What is the suggested NetBSD userland  (NetBSD 2.0 RC4)?

Kent S. Gordon
Postal: 76 Corral Drive North, Keller, Texas 76248
e-mail: kgor@xxxxxxxxx Phone:(817)431-8775