Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen with grsec?

To: Milan Holzäpfel <lists@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen with grsec?
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:12:52 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:52:26 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What about hardware implementations? IIRC, the Athlon64 processors
(amongst others) implement such feature in hardware?  While I know that
there's usable version of Xen for AMD64 so far, can this feature also be
used in 32-Bit-mode?  (On the other hand, I'm not aware whether PaX will
use this feature or not...) ...just jumping in because I'm interested in this too...

I suppose that would just work, though I think it requires PAE mode (64 bit page table entries), does Xen support PAE now, I guess it does?

There was another similar patch from Redhat using segments instead of playing with the TLB, that will probably work with few or no modifications.

Jacob