Re: [Xen-devel] Hyperthreading network benchmark

To: kuas <ku4s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Hyperthreading network benchmark
From: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:46:27 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: xen-devel-ml <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:49:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
They've seen anywhere from a 30% decrease to 30% increase in performance
on SPECint with hyperthreading turned on. Bear in mind you're now
sharing a single cache between two processes. For many workloads the
trace cache on the P4 was too small to begin with.

                                -Kip