[Xen-devel] Re: USB with Xen2.0

> > Yeah, I'm still busy trying :-), I've managed to get a patched X version
> > that doesn't require a true vt, but ran into some IO problem. I think I
> > still need to do some more experiments.
>
> Interesting...  Feel free to post back to this list if you're in need of
> assistance.  This is something we'd be really pleased to see working,
> particularly if the process can be simplified and streamlined for routine
> use.
>
> I guess the X server might try doing IO to some things that Xen won't let it
> access.  By default, the domain will only have access to the IO ports and IO
> memory regions of the graphics card and USB controller themselves.

I've been puzzling for a few hours now, and don't seem to get past the
following IO error: "xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O"
Finally I decided to run 'scanpci' to see what it could find, and it
ends up with the same error (is that normal for non dom0 domains?).
I guess I'm going to have to dive into the xorg code to find out what
exactly it is trying to do :-(
Is there anything else I can still do here?

lspci shows this:
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400 AGP
(rev 85)
03:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev
10)
03:06.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller (rev 61)
03:06.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller (rev 61)
03:06.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 63)
03:06.3 FireWire (IEEE 1394): NEC Corporation IEEE 1394 Host Controller
(rev 01)

(I'm running in domain1, with xen0 kernel, using Fedora Core 2. I've
installed the xorg rpm for multi-console which I found here:
http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser/yenya/ , instructions
here: http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser/ )

Any help here would be very welcome!

Greetings,