RE: [Xen-devel] monitoring domain resource usage

To: "Diwaker Gupta" <diwakergupta@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] monitoring domain resource usage
From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:52:59 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:59:59 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There currently is no such tool, however xen exports via the control
interface to dom0 the relevant information. E.g. 'xm list' reports cpu
time consumed per VM. It should be straight forward to implement a tool
periodically calling this interface and compute CPU percentages. This
could either be done via the 'xm' interface or the xen.lowlevel.xc
interface. The latter should have less overhead.

Rolf

ITManagersJournal