[Xen-devel] atropos scheduler params

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] atropos scheduler params
From: Diwaker Gupta <diwakergupta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:46:59 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:51:54 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks,

I'm trying to use the atropos scheduler with Xen. Couple of questions:

- the scheduling param *has* to be specified at boot time right, or
does Xen allow changing the scheduling scheme at run time??

- xm help atropos gives a very vague message at best, perhaps we could
make it more elaborate:

xm atropos DOM SLICE PERIOD LATENCY XTRATIME

o is DOM the vm ID or the vm NAME (as appearing in xm list)
o SLICE, PERIOD are in nanoseconds I believe?
o XTRATIME has to be 1/0 ?
o some examples with typical values would be great

Finally, I'm passing sched param to Xen at boot time as:
kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=65536 sched=atropos

But the machine failts to boot with a "CPU 0 is toasted" type of
message! :-O If remove the sched param, things work just fine again.
Any ideas?

Thx
--
Diwaker Gupta