Re: [Xen-devel] Mixing patches

> Are there any known problems with mixing Xen patches with any other kernel
> patches?

Most things should apply OK.  If the patch touches the i386 architecture code
then you'll want to run it through something like "sed 's/i386/xen/g".  If it
touches certain parts of this code that are substantially different under Xen
then it might need explicit porting.

Some complicated patching scripts (e.g. for some iSCSI module, IIRC) have
many hardcoded assumptions about the i386 architecture and it might be easier
to just rename the Xen architecture code to i386 in order to fool the
patch ;-)  There's some script or makefile target provided with Xen for doing
these renames.

Best approach is probably to try it and see what happens ;-)

Mark