[Xen-devel] Re: xm list dropping domain?

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:00:45 -0500
Tim Freeman <tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I rebooted xenU from console (dom2) and exited (ctr-]).  xm list does
> not report 2 anymore yet I can log into 2 via console and it is running
> just fine.  Is this a bug?  I'll pull/rebuild and see what happens..
> (this is xen-2.0, cset 1.1321.1.1, rh7.3 dom0/dom1)

OK, I'm sorry, it eventually comes back if I repeatedly query.  What is
the criteria for being in xm list?

I'm testing some controller code and I want to be able to poll at any
time for the status of domains no matter their state (the user could be
rebooting).  I want the code to also respond to changes in state (now,
just to log).

If I made a direct call to Xend, would it produce different information
during this window? (I assume not, though I am off to figure out how to
make direct calls..)

Thanks!

Tim