Re: [Xen-devel] Rebooting Xen0

To: "Thomas E. Conway-Poulsen" <xen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Rebooting Xen0
From: Christian Limpach <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:02:12 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:04:40 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> kernel?
>
> When grub tries to boot, it reboots.

When you say "It starts up using the xen.gz file", does that mean
you see the output from Xen and then it apparently just sits there,
after Xen tells you that it switched the serial input to DOM0?

Or do you mean that Xen doesn't even start up and the machine
immerdiately reboots, as your last statement would indicate?

> My last update was 27-08-04 at GMT+1 22.

What version did you update from?  Are you using console on the serial
line?  If you updated from a version which had 2.4 as default and you
are using console on the serial line, then you will have to add a
``console=ttyS0'' option to your linux kernel module line in the grub
config file, since 2.6 doesn't output the console messages to all
devices which claim to be consoles, but only to the first one or to
all selected on the kernel command line.

    christian