[Xen-devel] [Patch] Always call blkdev_put when destroying a vbd in devi

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] [Patch] Always call blkdev_put when destroying a vbd in device backend
From: Michael Vrable <mvrable@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:36:22 -0700
Delivery-date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:40:31 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The code for the block backend device in XenoLinux 2.6.8.1 doesn't call
blkdev_put on all code paths that can destroy a vbd.  Previously,
blkdev_put was only called from vbd_shrink.  I've added the call to
vbd_destroy and destroy_all_vbds.

With the old code, the kernel running in domain-0 would believe the
devices exported to another domain to still be in use, even after the
other domain was shutdown.  (This was obvious when using LVM, since the
logical volumes were still listed as open, and a warning message was
printed when shutting down LVM.)  This patch should fix that.

--Michael Vrable