Re: [Xen-devel] question on frontend ethernet

To: ron minnich <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] question on frontend ethernet
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:28:04 +0100
Cc: Mark Williamson <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:30:36 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> yes, good idea. What would be really nice ... some stuff in /proc, e.g.
> /proc/sys/xen/dom1/register
> /proc/sys/xen/dom1/memory
>
> etc. so we could halt machines, dump state, etc.

I'm not sure it's worth going to the extent of having /proc
entries that provide this when it's pretty easy just to knock up
a little application that uses priv_cmd to fetch it, e.g. to
write core dumps.  (I think someone may have already done this?)

I guess I haven't totally swallowed the Plan-9 everything-is-a-file pill ;-)

> There is a debugging hook in the backend ethernet driver that is hooked to
> debug interrupt ... I'm unsure how to activate this.

Switch the serial line to Xen (hit ctrl-A 3 times), then hit
'q'. This dumps the register state of all domains and triggers
the debug interrupt on each of them.

Ian