Re: [Xen-devel] xen 2.0, networking, bridging, and nfsroot

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:29:30PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> Our current setup(based on 1.0 and 1.2) uses completely diskless machines.
> They pxeboot, which then runs grub, which then loads xen.  dom0 and domN all
> do nfsroot, and everything is happy.
>
> So, along comes 2.0.  It now uses a normal bridge to connect dom0 and domN.
> However, the bridge has a hole, where the network does not exist, while it
> copies the addresses from eth0 to br0, and changes all the routes.

Can you use initramfs to configure the bridge/networking and mount the rootfs?

My work arround was to add and configure the bridged interface at boot
time, also i found the script for copying over the IP addresses
was never reliable especailly when multiple addresses had been added
to the old interface, and it made no attempt to deal with v6 addresses
and routing completely breaks.

> In nfsroot mode, this fails, as suddenly the network is inaccessible, so
> brctl(and friends) can no longer be found.

Can you run brctl before you mount the rootfs via nfs?

--
Bill Boughton