Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6

To: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:24:12 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:29:10 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> what's involved in building 2.6? From the looks of the makefile, 'make world'
> followed by 'make linux26' then 'make install' should do it. Does that sound
> right?

Yep, that should work. We haven't added it to 'make world' yet
as it's still in testing. We've been holding off releasing 2.0
until we're totally happy with it.

I know of at least one remaining bug whereby in systems with
complex PCI bus layouts it may miss some devices. I haven't seen
any crashes since a crucial fix went in yesterday.

Ian