Re: [Xen-devel] xm save / restore with xen-unstable not working ?

To: sven.kretzschmar@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xm save / restore with xen-unstable not working ?
From: Mike Wray <mike.wray@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:27:12 +0100
Cc: Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:32:24 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sven Kretzschmar wrote:

I also forgot to start the xfrd daemon, it's also necessary if one only want's
to save but not migrate a domain.
I haven't seen this in the docu, only realized it by digging through the xend,
xm and xfrd sources.
Now the error points more to the "small interface change" Ian has mentioned:
"Invalid state record -- pfn count out of range: <big number goes here...>"
I am quite interested in testing the save/migrate feature. If it's really only
a small interface change, can you shortly point me to the places / files
of the source where I should look in order to correct it, or does
it need very deep knowledge of xen internals ?

The save/restore/migrate code is very much in progress at the minute.
In other words, it doesn't work at the moment. Ian plans to look
at the pfc count error, and when that's fixed we'll know if the rest
of it works.

Mike