[Xen-devel] Network questions

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Network questions
From: "Xiaofang Chen" <xiachen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 13:47:29 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:49:07 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I wonder if there is some way to control the network traffic of new domains(other than Dom0) in Xen.
I mean although we can allocate an external IP address for each new domain, and the new domains can
access the WAN as they wish, there is only one physical network card.
So if each new domain has a lot of network traffic, the interrupts will keep the whole system very busy.

I know we can control the CPU time, memory, and disk for new domains.
So can we do something similar to that kind of scheduling for network?
Or can someone tell me which part of the source code relates to this?

I know little about network. So if my understanding is wrong, please point it out.
Thanks.

Xiaofang