RE: [Xen-devel] New Domain

To: "Xiaofang Chen" <xiachen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steven Hand" <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] New Domain
From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:28:49 +0100
Cc: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:29:00 +0100

"ip=169.254.1.1:169.254.1.0:155.99.182.1:255.255.254.0::eth0:on
>         root=/dev/hda11 ro 4 VMID=1"
>         VM started in domain 1
>
> The ifcfg-eth0 is using static IP address, not DHCP.
> Seems that the new domain starts with no problem, but I couldn't ping
&
> ssh
> into it.

Ping/ssh from where? You are assigning VMM local address to the domain
(169.254/16) which are not send on the LAN. You won't be able to ping
that domain from another machine.

If you try to ping/access that domain from another domain on the same
machine you also have to configure that domains IP address properly (or
better, create an alias). For example, dom0 should have an alias for the
169.254 subnet.

Your gateway address 155.99.182.1 is on a completely different subnet.

Rolf

]