This is an archived copy of the Xen.org mailing list, which we have preserved to ensure that existing links to archives are not broken. The live archive, which contains the latest emails, can be found at http://lists.xen.org/
Home Products Support Community News


[Xen-devel] Minor bugs in latest code drop

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Minor bugs in latest code drop
From: "barry" <barry@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:45:41 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:34:50 +0100
Envelope-to: steven.hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Importance: Normal
List-archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=xen-devel>
List-help: <mailto:xen-devel-request@lists.sourceforge.net?subject=help>
List-id: List for Xen developers <xen-devel.lists.sourceforge.net>
List-post: <mailto:xen-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
List-subscribe: <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xen-devel>, <mailto:xen-devel-request@lists.sourceforge.net?subject=subscribe>
List-unsubscribe: <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xen-devel>, <mailto:xen-devel-request@lists.sourceforge.net?subject=unsubscribe>
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a couple of minor bugs in the latest code (with nodev=y).


1)       The arch/i386/Rules.mk specifies –Werror -, and a few modules have warnings (might be my gcc version [3.3.2]…). E.G.

gcc -nostdinc -fno-builtin -fno-common -fno-strict-aliasing -O3 -iwithprefix include -Wall -DMONITOR_BASE=0xFC500000 -fomit-frame-pointer -I/home/barry/xen/xen/include -D__KERNEL__ -Wno-pointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -m32 -march=i686 -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEVICES_IN_XEN -c schedule.c -o schedule.o

schedule.c:666: warning: `process_timeout' defined but not used”


I fixed the problem by removing –Werror from Rules.mk


      2)  in setup.c – with nodev=y, in my environment I have no modules that have any __init code in them. The do_initcalls routine doesn’t work properly in this case, and tries to call the first one before checking that there are no more… I fixed the problem by moving the do_initcalls into the conditional code for handling devices. I am not sure why you are not seeing the same problem.



<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>