Re: [Xen-devel] IDE drives

" Take a look at the boot messages -- I suspect Xen hasn't got a
" proper driver for your IDE chipset and is falling back to PIO.

Yep, you are right.  Xenolinux says PIO.  I'll add this chipset to my todo list.

    ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
    ServerWorks CSB5: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 79
    ServerWorks CSB5: detected chipset, but driver not compiled in!
    ServerWorks CSB5: chipset revision 147
    ServerWorks CSB5: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
        ide0: BM-DMA at 0x0700-0x0707, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
        ide1: BM-DMA at 0x0708-0x070f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA
    hda: ST340016A, ATA DISK drive
    hdc: LG CD-ROM CRN-8245B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
    ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
    ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
    hdc: ATAPI 24X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache
    Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
    hda: 78156288 sectors (40016 MB) w/2048KiB Cache, CHS=4865/255/63 PIO
(slow!)

" Are you sure you're using the same part of the disk?

most likely not.  I ran the scsi writes on two different hosts just as a
sanity check, and not as a rigorous check.  Both were the same hardware
and may even have had other users on them.  It was close enough to be labeled
'the same' for my purposes.