Re: [Xen-devel] anybody using pdb?

To: Christian Limpach <chris@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] anybody using pdb?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:28:50 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:44:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello!
>
> I'd like to use pdb but it's not quite working as expected.
>
> The 1st issue is that jumping to the debugger by pressing 'D' doesn't work
> because this leaves serial interrupts blocked.  Maybe this is only the
> case because I'm using lo/hi muxing but my guess is that it's not.  I've
> implemented a work around which seems to work:  if pdb is entered by the
> keypressed handler it will call a new serial_getc function if there's no
> input in the rx ring.  I'm not sure if this is also necessary when
> interacting with the debugger on a breakpoint or after a crash...

I've fixed this a better way, by enabling interrupts before calling
the pdb handler. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

> 2nd issue is that the debugger doesn't work when hitting a breakpoint (and
> possibly after a crash) which raises my question if anybody is actually
> using the pdb code which is in unstable ;-)

I don't think PDB is entered on a crash -- it currently appears only
to be hooked into the int3 and debug exception handlers.

 -- Keir