[Xen-devel] Re: Questions on Copy-on-Write

On 2 Feb 2004, at 12:49, Yan-Ching CHU wrote:

I would love to know your progress of CoW for linux kernel 2.4, will you
integrate it into Xen later? Any plan for a Linux 2.6 port? Any
papers/materials I can refer to?

I'm in the very last stage of testing/debugging/enhancing/refining/
CoW for 2.4. Because it's a driver for Linux kernel, it's quite
independent from Xen and thus requires little (if any) Xen modification.
Just create a CoW multi-disk device with VBDs in XenoLinux
and that's it.

As for 2.6 port, it depends on how happy people are with this CoW
driver. I haven't written any document yet. But you may want to
take a look at Software-RAID HOWTO.

Cheers,
Bin