Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:40:20 +0000
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tvrtko A. Uršulin" <tvrtko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:58:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > It may be that their kernel has a more up-to-date tg3 driver (i.e.,
> > newer than version v2.3 committed on Nov 5, 2003).
>
> Indeed.  The stock Linux 2.4.24 driver does not support the
> BCM95702.

Please ignore my entire previous email -- I was looking in the list
of PHY pcids not the MAC ones. The BCM95702 is supported in stock
2.4.24 Linux and should work.

The fact that you're having trouble getting it to work with stock
Linux is quite mysterious.

There doesn't appear to be anything in the changelog to suggest
there's a fix in 2.4.25-rc1 but it might be worth trying.

I'd certainly get it working under Linux before attempting to get
it working under Xen.

Ian