[Xen-devel] Re: Documentation

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your initiative effort in documentation.

> Bin if you can bring your HOWTO up to date for 1.2 I will merge that
> with Yan-Ching's and check in into Sourceforge with the FAQ as Ian
> suggested. Ian, does Sourceforge's CVS check it into the main Xen tree
> or do you propose a separate tree for the documentation?

I will try to bring my Howto 1.2-compatiable once it's ISO is released,
then Ian may want to check that in into the 1.2 and unstable tree.

> As far the the documentation structure is concerned I think there
> should be 3 main areas: Overview, Developer and End User. I'll leave
> the Developer part to someone else. The overview should contain at
> least one doc describing in "layman" terms how xen works, what xen,
> xeno linux, VM, domains etc are. A kind of a starting point. I can
> write a first draft of this (if someone hasn't already done it. The
> SOSP paper is a bit too much). The End User docs should contain the FAQ
> and the merged HOWTO for now.

I will also keep in touch with you about the developer section because I am
going to modify the scheduler with more features. Throughout the process I
should write down my experience and comments systemtically.

Cheers,
Yan-Ching CHU